I always cook rice! As a Filipina, this is a big part of our culture. We basically eat this everyday, sometimes 3x a day in the Philippines. When I got married to Mike he liked his potatoes & he still does but I had to make him eat MY RICE! Guess what! He really liked it! He actually likes BOTH plain & fried rice depending on the side dish. I think I converted him 🙂 So here’s my simple fried rice recipe for you to try! Have Fun & let me know how it turned out. I would love to hear your story!
SIMPLE FRIED RICE
2 CUPS RICE (BASMATI OR MILAGROSA) OR ANY RICE OF YOUR CHOICE
1 CELERY CHOPPED
1 SMALL ONION – FINELY CHOPPED
1 CLOVE GARLIC – CHOPPED
¼ RED BELL PEPPER – CHOPPED
1/3 CUP CARROTS – FINELY CHOPPED
1/3 CUP KERNEL CORN
¼ TSP. GROUND PEPPER
3 TBSP. OIL
1 TSP. FISH SAUCE (OPTIONAL)
1. COOK THE RICE BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS OR IF YOU HAVE A RICE COOKER, EVEN BETTER.
LET IT COOL OFF & GENTLY SEPARATE THE RICE WITH A FORK.
(I FIND THAT LEFTOVER RICE FRIES BETTER THAN THE FRESHLY COOKED ONE).
2. HEAT THE PAN (I USE MY WOK) & POUR 3 TBSP. OF OIL.
MAKING SURE THAT YOUR PAN & OIL IS HOT ENOUGH TO PREVENT IT FROM STICKING.
3. ADD THE CARROTS, ONION, CELERY. SAUTÉ FOR 30 SEC.
4. ADD THE REST OF THE VEGETABLES (BELL PEPPER, GARLIC, CORN).
5. SEASON IT WITH GROUND PEPPER THEN ADD THE FISH SAUCE. STIR.
6. ADD 2 CUPS OF RICE & SLOWLY ADD SOYA SAUCE FOR COLOR.
I ALSO LIKE ADDING LEFTOVER MEAT LIKE (BEEF, CHICKEN, PORK).
Here’s a Video
Another Simple Recipe: How To Cook Rice